8 Ways To Develop Your Intuition
I often meet people that seem to be lost in this big world. Externally seeking some kind of revelation of insight and peace. I want to remind them that all the guidance and help we desire lies within our very own soul. There is an abundance of tools and wisdom available if we learn to harness them internally. Think of your intuition as directions to your destiny or a GPS of your soul. Nothing is an accident, everything has a meaning and a lesson. Tuning into your own internal guidebook will never leave you astray. Even during times when you must go through the fire, you can find comfort knowing that there is a bigger purpose that you may not see at that time. Trusting, listening and responding to your intuition keeps your future optimistic and bright. Having faith knowing that your inner knowingness will not steer you wrong and you will always be right where you need to be.
1. Never ignore your FIRST instinct. Remember when people show you who they are the FIRST TIME. There are no excuses nor accidents. Your first instinct/impression is correct. Trust it.
2. Listen to every whisper in your heart and mind and if you don't know which to listen too then wait and listen to which one is louder.
3. When you don't know what to do, do nothing. Pray, wait for clarity…patience may be the lesson. Then when the time is right LISTEN.
4. Every thought is without coincidence. It means something and possibly everything. Some like to call them red flags or signs but they are usually not validated until after you have ignored them, then you are left saying, I knew it!
5. Learn to know the difference between triumph and struggle. Life is not without pain, pain and defeat is what makes you stronger and builds your character. It is how you choose to perceive your difficulties in life that differentiates you from being a struggling victim or a triumphant King or Queen. Listening to your instinct does not mean you will not have trials and tribulations but not listening will definitely mean you will not have unnecessary trails and tribulations.
6. The more you listen, the stronger it gets. Your intuition is no different from working out a muscle in your body. The more you trust it and work on it, the stronger it will become.
7. Refrain from drugs, excess alcohol, and stimulants as these will inhibit your intuition from responding correctly. Your body needs a clear channel to work from and only YOU know your bodies signals and gut instincts.
8. Spend alone time so that you can determine the difference between your own intuition and other people's opinion. Listen and learn to take your own advice.
*Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself. - Oprah Winfrey